Search This Blog

Thursday 18 February 2010

Nings

These have become my new favourite 2.0 (or 2.1 - whichever you'd prefer) tools. Actually, that's a lie - I still think screencasting is a great tool for Libraries, but Nings are second best. They are an excellent outreach tool providing users with their forums, blogs, groups etc.

I was particularly impressed with Mosman Libraries use of the Ning (http://www.mosmanreaders.net/). It has a blog, forums, book reviews and a link to the Mosman Library website, catalogue and the popular database Novelist. They also promote events and book groups. I'd like to see my Library develop something like this and I'd be curious to see how many members we'd get. Mosman currently has 109. While I probably wouldn't set up anything more personal I'm very impressed with the Ning's capabilities as a business/organisation promotional tool.

No comments: