Search This Blog

Sunday 1 August 2010

Delicious

Right now, my Library uses Delicious quite a lot to save recommended web links using tags and bundles. We add this to our website using linkrolls.

This use will be increasing in the future as we start to decrease the number of pages on our website and just provide links to the delicious page for each subject. In other words, rather than having one page for History and another page for Law, we will have one page with 'History' and 'Law' subject heading links.

In order to do this effectively, I will need to 'clean up' and organise our delicious links. I'm using the 'bundles' feature to do this i.e. I'm creating bundles that correspond to the relevant subject heading.

Overall I find Delicious easy and effective to use, though it does have the potential to become very disorganised. I'd like to see more social networking settings apart from just adding new links to Twitter. I also found I couldn't search the delicious links as suggested in the State Library 2.1 training.

I am interested to see how Delicious develops in the future.

No comments: